To honor my very first Mother' Day, J started the celebration early. Anyone that knows Jason probably knows that he has trouble keeping happy secrets. As soon as I walked in the door on Friday afternoon, J took E's carrier out of my arms. I thought he was just going to release her from 'favorite' five-point seating restraint, but they reappeared with a little white box tucked into the carrier with her. J and E were so thoughtful to get me an iPad 2! We have been waiting for the right time to buy one, but I am so glad that we were able to get it before a couple of the long drives we are planning to do in the near future.
After feeding our girl her first breakfast in her highchair, I spent the early part of Saturday taking care of some errands with my little sweetie while her Daddy did some house projects. After all of the running around, J gave me a break so that I could spend the evening with a lovely group of girls celebrating the bridal shower of a great friend. Some of us Mamas may have stayed later that the rest of the guests to avoid interrupting Daddy's bedtime routine (or hearing the line, 'You do such a better job').
| Watching the penguins swim and jump! |
As the daughter of a fierce and resilient mother, I have had every reason to celebrate Mother's Day. But this year different. I have a beautiful daughter that allows me be part of this celebrated day. I love being a mom more than I could have imagined, and not just because I have the cutest girl in the world, but because I get to nurture that little life and have an amazing partner in J. We try not to take ourselves too seriously, laugh at the mistakes and remember that we can only try to do our best by E every day. Plus at this age she won't remember if we screw up anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment