J and I are on the hunt for a house, a place to call our own, pay homeowner insurance, mow the grass and change out the socket covers.
We have been searching since mid-December for, you know, the standard three bedroom, two bathroom combo that everyone else in our price range is looking for too. The process hasn't been too stressful for me, but J might have a different opinion. We have gone as far as having an offer accepted only to be uncomfortable with the home inspection results and decide to cancel escrow.
Most recently, our offer was accepted on a home that is a short-sale, which can be the furthest thing from short. This coming from my extensive experience watching House Hunters on HGTV.
I know that our house is out there somewhere (hopefully in the areas that we like, with RV access, a nice backyard, and fairly close to work). We are not asking for much, just a little something that we can make in our first home. Our dream home will come later.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Rache...we're on the SAME hunt as you...just started a few weeks ago! It's exciting, stressful and looooooooong. I sold my first house in a short sale, it took MONTHS once we had a buyer. So, if that's the route you're willing to go, be patient! I have a coworker going trying to buy on a short sale now too, started with this one house in Nov. and still haven't closed!!!! I can't wait to have a place to call our own, paint how we want, when we want and for all the weekend trips to Home Depot! Haha. Good luck in your search :) xo
ReplyDelete