Thursday, August 11, 2011

Double Digits!

Today my dearest daughter is 10 months old. We have hit the double digits! It is a really surreal feeling that E has been in my arms longer than she was in my belly. This milestone has really made me reflect on my pregnancy and what a special time that was for J and I. I know that our next pregnancy will not be the same as the first one. All of the quiet time that you have with a first pregnancy will be virtually non-existent with a little whippersnapper running around. Remember those semi-comatose naps at 5 in the afternoon? Never again, but I am sure it will be worth it, eventually.



Baby E, at 10 months:


You cut three more teeth, you now have four top teeth and two bottom teeth.

You have started standing up in the bathtub.

You had your first real fever of 102.5 degrees, which didn't make for a fun night, but we got through it.

After mastering standing up in the bathtub, you now take full advantage of every inch. She is pulling herself up on the faucet, checking out the knobs, splashing and swimming around like a real fish.

She has started sharing her bottle, toys and food. She will put something to her mouth and then extend it to your mouth.

She went on her first hike in the wire-frame backpack carrier with Daddy, she loved every minute of it. She was so tired, but willed herself to stay awake until the moment she got home.

She has started laughing much more freely. She recently had a complete giggle fit watching me play with our dog Sadie.

She has started using a walker to scoot around the house. She is pretty steady on her feet, but sometimes walks on her knees while pushing it around. Silly girl.

You have figured out how to go up stairs, but you can only make it down one.

E went on her first airplane ride. Our family flew to Chicago to attend my cousin's wedding.
And the biggest accomplishment of this month...E said Mama!! I love hearing her repeat this as she crawls around the house, but it's especially heartwarming when she does it as she is pulling herself up on my leg.

Sadie Waiting for a Treat
Helping with the Dishes
First Strawberries!
Our sweet girl is growing everyday. She is still the happiest, most lovable baby that I know, but I might be biased. I can hardly believe it's time to start planning her first birthday party!


No comments:

Post a Comment