We headed up to Rincon Parkway, an RV campground that less than an hour from our house. It was our first trip with E and our new trailer, so I didn't want to be too far from home or help in case we ran into any issues.
I love our new trailer! It is such a contrast to the one we used to have. It is much more comfortable and homey. It is perfect for camping with the baby and the dogs. Hopefully E will grow up with many fond memories of our camping adventures.
We were blessed with nice, sunny weather while we were camping. It was a little chilly, but nothing that a sweatshirt couldn't fix. E got to put her toes in the sand for the first time and enjoyed some great walks on the beach. Luckily, E stuck to her normal routine while we were camping.
The best thing about this trip was getting to spend time with J away from the house. Anyone with a young child knows that when you are not meeting his or her every need, you are taking care of some other need around the house. When the baby sleeps when you are camping, you get to read, nap or sit out under the stars. It was a great way for us to relax and spend some quality time together as a family before I headed back to work.
This was a great dry-run, but Easter camping is on the horizon. I hope E is ready for the desert! Sorry kiddo, no dirt biking for you this year.

Sounds like a perfect trip! I love the photo of E sleeping in J's arms.
ReplyDelete