I finally got around to hanging a wall calendar in Baby E's room so that I can jot things down as they happen, instead of writing it on a scrap of paper that gets stuck in a pile until I have time to put it in a baby book. It's fun to look at the calendar when we are in her room to see how busy she's been.
Baby E, at four months:
- You weigh 12 pounds (16th percentile).
- You are 24 and a half inches tall (62nd percentile).
- You sleep through the night on a semi-regular basis. You were achieving this feat every night from about three months old until a recent growth spurt and the onslaught of teething.
- You are chewing on your hands constantly, and drooling a lot.
- We recently stopped swaddling you when you sleep, so you have taken to sucking your thumb, usually the right one. I guess it works for you, even it the rest of your hand is spread across the side of your face instead of tucked into a fist.
- You love to talk, and are very conversational. When you aren't jabbering away
- You have been on your first camping trip to the beach. I had a great time and I think you did too.
- You giggled audibly for the first time when Daddy was making faces at you. This is quite the improvement from the laughing face without any sound that you have been making for months.
- You are fitting into most 0-3 month clothes.
- You found your hands and have started grabbing for everything in sight.
- You have rolled over from your tummy to your back, from the right to the left and vice-versa.
- Your right tear duct, which has been clogged since birth magically cleared up a couple of weeks ago. It actually took me a day or two to realize that I hadn't wiped your eye once! I was leery to add this milestone to the calendar in fear that the tear duct would flare up again.
- You love to spend time in front of the fish tank watching all of the activity.
- You are becoming quite the Skype pro, spending time with Nana and Grandpa as often as possible.
J and I are savoring every precious minute with our girl, or should I say Daddy's girl. J and E have created a very special bond. She listens to him when he's in the room, even if he is on a business call, she knows his voice from a distance and stops all activity to find him. Maybe it's because he whispered sweet nothings to her in the womb.
We are gearing up for a trip to Northern California to visit family and friends. I am looking forward to having E's pictures taken while we are in town. One little girl's crazy Mama may have bought her a tutu for the occasion!
We are also counting down my last days of maternity leave. I will be heading back to work at the end of the month and E will be going to an in-home daycare full time. It will be a major transition for all of us, but especially me.



No comments:
Post a Comment