Sunday, August 15, 2010

First and Last

It's been about a month since my twenty-eighth birthday. I celebrated the milestone with a very relaxing weekend with J and some friends..Exactly what I asked for this year.

After the celebration, I couldn't help but reflect on this monumental birthday, and what kind of milestones it brings. Mostly some firsts and lasts in my life.

FIRST BIRTHDAY:
As a wife
As an expectant Mom
As a homeowner

LAST BIRTHDAY:
Without a baby

I don't really feel happy nor sad about the passing lasts and firsts as J and I have so much to look forward to in the coming months that will just be the start of a new chapter of our life together. I anticipate there will be other birthdays that I am pregnant. With only 10 weeks until the highly-anticipated arrival of Baby, I have started to think of other events in this way. Just recently, I took my last plane ride before Baby. And in a few short weeks, J and I will be taking our last trip without Baby to Chico to attend the wedding of one of my best friends. Maybe I will miss sharing some of these things alone with the husband I am so blessed to wake up with everyday, but maybe my life will feel more amazing and fulfilled to be sharing these kind of things with Baby.

2 comments:

  1. Exciting times my friend, VERY exciting times!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be time for a new post...something kinda important happened this morning, after all!!! xoxo Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete